- Get real people’s stories in front of more people.
THE IDEA: Shoot a video of someone’s 60-second story and share it on Instagram, Facebook, or Snapchat.
- You can record it on a phone! Some of the most successful videos on these platforms are unpolished and shot by amateurs, not professionals with expensive cameras. Check out this article for some pointers on shooting a great social video on a phone.
- Bonus Points: Include information about a next step a person would take to get into a group of their own.
- Celebrate leaders in a loud way.
- Bonus Points: Share it from your church’s handle, or share it on your own and make sure your church’s account share’s your post! Amplify it even more!
- Spark discussion and let everyone benefit.
- Bonus Points: Mention some of your leaders (@theirname) and ask them to respond in the comments, or just tell them you wanted to them to see this! The more conversation, the more it will show up in other people’s feeds as well!
- Help groups continue the conversation throughout the week.
- Bonus Points: Do this with YOUR group first, so you’ve got personal experience to draw from!
Social Media is yet another tool we have at our disposal as small group point people to amplify our message and grow our groups. So, take some simple steps this week to utilize it in a new way, and watch what happens as a result!