Lobby Gathering 2021, one of the nation’s premier small group training & networking events, is now going to be a live virtual event from 9am-12pm PST Feb 23-24. See the session line-up or register HERE
I wrote an article this summer on 10 Questions Every Small Group Leader Should Keep in Their Bible. Based on the number of views, the article seemed to be helpful. So, I thought I’d provide 8 more questions… not original with me. These are from Rick Warren’s book, Rick Warren’s Bible Study Methods: Twelve Ways You Can Unlock God’s Word. Note they acrostic spells S.P.A.C.E. P.E.T.S.
If you are a Small Group Point Person, you might want to pass along this list to all your small group leaders. It is a list you could use to teach almost any chapter in the Bible.
Is there a …
- Sin to confess? Do I need to make any restitution?
- Promise to claim? Is it a universal promise? Have I met the condition(s)?
- Attitude to change? Am I willing to work on a negative attitude and begin building toward a positive one?
- Command to obey? Am I willing to do it no matter how I feel?
- Example to follow? Is it a positive example for me to copy, or a negative one to avoid?
- Prayer to pray? Is there anything I need to pray back to God?
- Error to avoid? Is there any problem that I should be alert to or beware of?
- Truth to believe? What new things can I learn about God the Father, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, or other biblical teachings?
- Something to praise God for? Is there something here I can be thankful for?