[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/6466713/height/26/theme/standard-mini/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/” height=”26″ width=”100%” placement=”top” theme=”mini”]
The New Group Talk Podcast
Welcome to the new “Group Talk Podcast!” In this month’s episode you will notice these exciting new updates…
- An updated intro featuring new music and the new voice of Mike Kozlowski
- New Producer Jason Banzhoff highlighting upcoming SGN Events
- A new outro highlighting the purpose and power of SGN “Huddles” as well as how to connect with the Small Group Network online
A big thank you to Host Carolyn Taketa, Producer Jason Banzhoff and Mike Kozlowski for lending his voice to make all of these exciting new updates possible!
This Month’s Podcast
Most small group ministry leaders would agree that Bible study is a significant part of a small group. Yet, do our groups engage meaningfully with Scripture or are they just bouncing off verses during meetings?
- How well do we train our group leaders on working through a passage of the Bible and helping members interpret and understand God’s Word for themselves?
- What can we do to increase our engagement with God’s Word in groups?
Rev. Dr. Roberta Hestenes: As a pastor, Fuller seminary professor, Christian college president, international speaker, senior pastor and author, Rev. Dr. Roberta Hestenes has been a pioneering leader in Christian ministry 50+ years. She is the author of numerous books and publications including “Using the Bible in Groups” and a Bible commentary on 2 Corinthians and Galatians. She has lectured at more than 60 universities and seminaries and has received 8 honorary doctoral degrees. During her 15+ years on the theology faculty at Fuller Seminary, she initiated courses on small groups, women in ministry, and how to teach the Bible. She is an an ordained Presbyterian minister who currently serves as a teaching pastor at Bayside Granite Bay Church, near Sacramento.
Just click the play button at the top of this post to enjoy this insightful discussion! To subscribe to our Group Talk Podcast, click HERE